Friday, June 25, 2010
This is a concept for a website to find the prices of drinks. The prices would be submitted by 'scouts' at first, and then by anyone (wikipedia style). It's Kayak meets your local bar meets Fandango.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Concept for huge translucent art wall that one or more people can walk along to interact with one another
The above is a concept for an interactive art installation to be displayed in public.
The piece would consists of:
- 75' long x 12' high x 1' thick glass/plexiglas panels.
- the panels are colored differently based upon an emotion or theme such as Anger, Memory, Sex.
The piece is meant to be walked by two people in a direction parallel to the glass, one person on each side, while gazing at each other through the piece.
- glass starts off clear, and gradually turns completely solid red by about 3/4 of the length. The last 1/2 consists of solid red covered glass with gashes cut out from the red covering the glass, allowing the people to see each other, but with the gashes over the other.
- glass starts off clear, and gradually turns completely solid black by about 3/4 of the length. The last 1/2 consists of solid black covered glass with small window bubbles cut out of the black covering the glass, allowing the people to see each other but in a limited way.
- glass starts off white, and becomes clear about 1/2 of the way. It then becomes white again by about 3/4 of the length. The second to last 1/8 is solid white. The last 1/8 is solid black with small bubbles windows. This is a reference to the Memory wall.
The piece could be set in or outdoors, in public or private. Madison Square park would be an ideal location.
I was inspired by a photo of the Philip Johnson Glass House (in Metropolis magazine). The picture showed the house's glass walls covered with a temporary red tint, giving the outside world a new interpretation.